We understand that privacy and the security of personal information is extremely important. Boyds of Worcester Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and that we operate fully within the confines of the GDPR regulations.
This policy applies to you if you purchase our products online, over the phone or submit information via postal offers. Boyds of Worcester Ltd may change this policy periodically to ensure that our practices comply with the latest regulations. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with these changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
- Who are we
- What types of information do we hold?
- How do we use your information?
- Who might we share your information with?
- Keeping you informed about our products
- Your rights
- How long do we keep your information for?
- Links to other websites
- Sharing your thoughts
- Contact Us
1). Who are we?
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy we are referring to the distinct legal entity that is Boyds of Worcester Ltd.
2). What types of information do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as name, address, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback that you give to us, including by phone, email, post or when you communicate with us via social media.
- Information about the services that we have provided to you for example, the products we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid and the way you use or products/services.
- Your account login in details (if you wish to create an account) including your username and chosen password.
- Information about any device you have used to access our services (such as your browser and IP Address).
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful to you, so if you don’t open or click on our electronic material we need to know to improve our services.
3). How do we use your information? We may use your information to:
- Make our products available to you
- Process your orders
- Take payment or issue a refund
- For statistical analysis
- For reference if you wish to claim (in cases of product damage, missing product, an issue with our carriers) or if you wish to check a product guarantee
- Customer service queries
- We may use information to improve our products and services
- Contact you about products, services and offers
4). Who might we share your information with?
It may be necessary for us to share your information with selected delivery service providers when you have placed an order through us. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to you. Please note: these services have their own privacy policies and you should refer to these whenever necessary.
We may also share your information:
- If required to do by law or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory body such as the police.
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services.
- In response to requests from individuals seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
5). Keeping you informed about our products
We may contact you from time to time about any offers, ideas, new products and new services that we think you may be interested in. We will not send you any information unless you have consented to us doing so. If you have consented to receiving this information we may do this via email, text message, online, using social media or by any other electronic communications.
If you wish to amend your marketing preferences at any time please contact us via email or call us at Boyds of Worcester on 01905 700 125 and a member of our customer services team will amend this for you.
If you believe any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible to the address below. We will promptly correct this information.
6). Your rights
You have the legal right to access the personal information that we hold about you. If you request your information we will provide this data free of charge. However, if a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we a liable to charge a reasonable fee for this service.
Before providing personal information, we will need to verify the identity of the person(s) submitting the request. You will need to provide formal identification in order for your request to be granted. Please note, it can take up to one month from the receipt of the request for your information to be provided.
If you would like to access this information then please contact us using the below contact details.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data:
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are no longer entitled to using it anymore, to have your information removed from our records, or restrict our ability to access this information for processing purposes.
7). How long do we keep your information for?
We will retain a record of your personal information for a minimum of 12 months. This is kept in order to protect you in case you wish to make a claim for a product during its 12-month guarantee. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with the most up to date laws and regulations and will never retain your information for longer than necessary.
8). Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites as they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question
9). Sharing your thoughts
When using our website, you may be able to share information through social media networks like Facebook and Twitter. For example, you may like, share or review our services via one of these platforms. By doing so your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks and their other users.
Please note: it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on any of your social media accounts, these settings may impact your visibility to other users when sharing information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
11). Contact us
Write to us: Unit 15/16 Finepoint way, Finepoint, Kidderminster, DY11 7FB.
Call us: 01905 700 125
Email us: email@example.com
Signed (J Wallis- Director) 01/05/2018